Arts and Crafts
For years, I’ve been creating and executing concepts and ideas which I truly believe have created strong connections between people and above all has connected me to people.
I have used my various fine arts skills which include: sculpture, painting, wood work and tile works and as a means to express my inner self.
Whereas my graphic design work is used to portray information or idea to a community in a clean, creative manner.
In all different works, I feel most comfortable using different materials and colors, expressing both my love and passion for art as a whole.
I have a long experience in signage design.
My graphic work in Canada has been more of addressing community services non profitable, which gives me great pleasure to be part of.
I hope you enjoy my work.
Profile and skills
- 9 years’ experience in Signage
- Creates strong Branding Graphics
- Senses urgency; Committed; Team oriented
- Organized; Creative; Detail oriented
- Adobe CS5; Corel Draw; AutoCAD
- Glass; Ceramics; Acrylic; Vinyl; Polystyrene; Wood Craft; Vinyl; Flock; Flex, Plexiglass Friendly; Versatile; Adaptable
- Final artwork, preparation for digital printing, cutting plotter and prepress files preparation. Store manager, experience with customer service
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- Photoshop CS5 Advanced – Flag School – Portugal
- Course of Communication Design – School of Image and Communication – Portugal
- Graphic Design, Branding, Typography, Vector illustration, Color, Print, Image Manipulation
- AutoCAD 2005 2D and 3D | Cenfim Professional School – Portugal
- Ceramics level III – Portugal
- St. Mary’s High School, Toronto, Canada
- Created trophies for surf championship Rip Curl
- I taught painting and ceramics classes
- Created layout for woman clothing (49 grin)
- Created scenarios in polystyrene for plays
- Founder Member of Artisans of Central West of Lisbon
- Volunteering at the institution Animate
- I’m a member of AveiroArte Institution
Freelancer/Graphic Designer — Blue Pages & Multi Advertising | 2013 – 2018 Toronto
- Graphic designer (freelancer, during preprint annual addition).
- Prepare artwork for screen printing, embroidering and other print formats.
- The general office administers work and orders.
- Contact existing clients about layouts and their information.
Customer Service Representative/Graphic Designer — CanKopy Document Solutions | 2011 | Toronto
- Customer Service Rep: Printing; Shipping; Payments
- Graphic design: Created designs concept and layouts based on customer specifications
- Xerox printing, Fiery systems, plotter print and cut, printing, FedEx shipping
- Created design solutions to promote their new location
Freelancer/Graphic Designer — Reflet Salveo, Francophone, non-profit | 2013 – 2014 | Toronto
Freelancer/Graphic Designer — Reviive, non-profit association | 2012 – 2014 | England
Freelancer – Graphic Designer — Derel, Sign Company | Portugal
- Created and refreshed layouts of brands
- Stationary/Branding Flyers, Paging, Posters, Invitations, layouts for websites, banners
- Visual mock-ups for outdoor advertising (moppi, totems, light boxes, car deco
- Prepare the final artworks for print or vinyl cutting plotter
- (project Riberalves, photo 7)
Freelancer — KontraProduções, Digital Print Company | Portugal
- Developed layout and print for the event “Estoril Open” tennis world tournament
Freelancer — LFF | 2009-2011 | Portugal
- Designed outdoor signs, campaigns and branding for numerous clients
Designer & Manager — Wear Fun Alternative, Store | Portugal
- Developed marketing and branding strategies
- Promoted events and workshops
- Resolved customer queries and concerns
- Created and maintained displays and store layout
Graphic Designer — Reclameoeste, Sign Company | 2008 | Portugal
- Worked closely with clients to plan and create the right marketing campaigns
- Presented various mock-ups to clients
- Created prepress files and scale drawings of structures
- Involved in the full process, from the design concept to the manufacture of the outdoor publicity.
Silicone / Plaster Molder Designer — Nazaré, Handmade candles | 2006 | Portugal
- Researched and created new trends in candle design
- A valuable contributor to increased sales and growth of the company
Designer & Manager — Uliarts, Furniture RestorationStore | 2003 | Portugal
- Opened and managed own arts and crafts decoration and fabrication store
- Modifying furniture (painting, craft work, different material applied)
- Participated WANT– WOMENS ARTS NETWORK OF TORONTO
“Baselitz Accusations” A Show of Women’s Excellence In Painting.
- Participated in the art show “Magick of Colours” at “Hermit’s Lamp Gallery” with artist AySes Dunya.
- Participating in Craft Fair, Stock Exchange Building in Lisbon
- Participation in the Annual Arts Fair (FIA); in partnership with the Association of Artisans of the West Side
- Participation with the Tourist Region West; the disclosure and presentation of handicrafts of the region
- Participation in the International Handicrafts Fair, Lisbon Expo
- Group exhibition of paintings and ceramics; the Commercial Association of Caldas da Rainha
- Participation Trophies production for Quiksilver; Surf Championship under 20 Female, at White Sand Beach
- Exhibition of Plastic Arts Gallery ART Boutique du Gourmet
Participation in Youth Painting Contest, IPJ / JPI – awarded the 1st Place.